What is this part called?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afjes_2016

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a connector for 1/2 copper pipe. The copper pipe slips in one end and the other end is a female.
I will also need the same thing but with a male end.

This is for a tub water spout that connects from the spout to the valve assembly elbow.

I realize I will have to sweat joint it. I won't know for sure the length of the water pipe from the valve assembly elbow to the interior of the spout itself so I may have to have a length of copper pipe 1/2, flux and solder along with a torch and pipe cutter and these fittings/connectors so make myself a pipe that is the correct length.

I am searching Amazon (which I prefer to order from) but can't get the proper fitting/connector on my searches.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_135332401.jpg
    IMG_20211020_135332401.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211020_135454776.jpg
    IMG_20211020_135454776.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
1/2" FPT X 1/2 slip adaptor is what your showing in the picture, change the FPT to MPT for what your going to need.
The best way to figure out what length the pipe needs to be, install the two fittings, cut a length of pipe 8" long, dry fit it and measure how far the diverter is away from the wall and use that measurement -1/4" to cut the pipe.
Now remove the fittings, solder the whole assembly, use TFE pipe dope on the threads.

That's it, any hardware store, Lowes, HD will have it right on the shelve.

Thanks - I just ordered it on Amazon. It's a 10 pack but won't have it shipped yet until I check local hardware store. HDepot/Lowes is about 25 miles each way. Price of gas is more than the difference of Amazon and hardware store.

Latest posts

Back