What is your EDC knife?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn_S

Reaction score
During the week I carry a Spyderco Chaparral and on the weekends or when working around the house it s a Boker Klanashlov AK-47, which is my beater knife. Really tough keeps an edge and even took a drop onto concrete on the tip last week. no damage.

What are you carrying?

I keep a rusty old high-carbon knife in the storage bin on the driver's side car door where I can always grab it. A roommate gave it to me a million years ago as he was getting rid of it; I think his brother passed it off to him before that. I've never cleaned or sharpened it and it's still one of the sharpest knives I own. It's balanced well, with a full tang, and the blade is about 4" or 5" long. I use it all the time.

No idea who made the knife, I'll have to scratch off some rust and see if I can find out.

I carry 3. Two that might be considered EDC.

A Buck Vantage, and a Swiss Army Knife Forrester model. They are just tools I use daily.

The third is an Old Timer just like the one my grand dad gave me when I was about 10. He got it from Prince Albert Tobacco by saving wrappers. I have worn out more than one, lost one, but always replace with the same model. The one in my pocket right now is vintage, an actual Prince Albert model from the 60s. was NIB when I got it.

I've been carrying a Case small Butter bean for years. It's amazing how often I have call to use it.

Okaaayyyy....er what is a EDC? ..... er Every Day Cutter?

Utility knife. Some snap-on, the rest have no name or the name is worn off.

Back