What siding is this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dborns

Reaction score
When we had our home inspected, the inspector told us it’s not stucco, but called it something else. It looks like stucco, but I can’t recall what he said it was. He said stucco would have a board underneath it which this doesn’t. The first pic is looking up from below the bottom edge.
The reason I’d like to know is we are having bids done for exterior painting, and there’s a crack in the front of the house,(long horizontal line at the bottom edge in pic #3).
A coworker who looked at the exterior gave me some material he thought might work to patch that prior to painting, but he wasn’t 100% sure.
See attached pics.
4543DE09-08FF-4AEA-87C3-A9AEBF019966.jpeg9EA98FB5-8B57-435C-9319-4A601ABF0226.jpeg29900AC7-5DD9-468C-B842-D08F626AAC36.jpeg0118B4EE-9201-4A27-8A58-1C896AB0E25F.jpeg

You can ask the inspector?

"Board under stucco", sounds fishy to me, been doing stucco for 45yrs.

Wish I could talk with him. He was a close friend that left his wife and kids and really went off the deep end. Won’t talk to anyone anymore....

I can try to get pics, but it maybe hard to see these lines, but the house is a pale color, and you can just barely see obvious lines as in these are sheets of some sort of material.
Sorry, it’s hard to explain well.
On stucco, would you see any underlayment material under the bottom edge? I tried to get a good pic of what ours has.

Last edited:
Siding or wall cladding is the protective material attached to the exterior side of a wall of a house or other building.
they have many types and some are used.
1 . Stucco and Synthetic Stucco
2) Wood Siding
3) Synthetic wood siding
4) Asbestos Siding
5) Aluminum Siding
6) Vinyl Siding
7) Fiber-Cement Siding

Back