Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife is in class tonight. Too busy to cook. Had a Blizzard from DQ and a bag of chips.

I love the Banana Split Blizzard.

A big pot of home made chicken soup, my better half has come down with pneumonia and I'm the caring, dotting husband...:waggingfinger:

oldog, sorry to hear about her having pneumonia. That is never good. I hope she appreciates the soup.

I had burgers, potato soup, and tunafish sandwiches the last few days.

I had a roast beef sandwich from subway the other day, but my mother asked me to get something for her and I set it on the side table. When I came back, the rottweiler (who was in the room for extra care due to her leg problem) had half of it on the floor eating it. The other half was still wrapped up so I was able to eat it, but the meat tasted off. I ended up feeling sick later.

Last time we got a sandwich at Subway, the meatballs were so burnt they were crunchy.

2 racks of baby backs going on the smoker today. Stop by, bring beer.

My brother made onigiri with ground pork and some kind of curry sauce for a friend's birthday. I can't eat it, but it smells interesting.

He's made some onigiri with other ingredients before that I liked. I wonder if it would be hard for him to make char siew onigiri... He made tunafish onigiri before and it was good.

What language you speaking girl? What the hell is an omnigirl?

What ya been up to DA?
Just rollin' with the flow OD, tryin' to get all the breaker boxes in the Ponderosa moved to one box in the garage. Hope to finish that within the next week or so.
Snow is coming, and my 90 year old electrician said if the ground is white, he isn't coming.
I'm waiting my turn for a heart cath, the sawbones found a 100% blockage in one of my aortic arteries, but he's backed up until Oct 14, I guess people are dying to have him do surgery on them. I don't want to join that crowd!

Put five tri tips and two pork shoulders on the smoker tonight. Having a little party for my daughters fourth birthday tomorrow. Went to a buddies and cut down s dead apricot tree today, smells good smoking away.

What language you speaking girl? What the hell is an omnigirl?

LOL. Japanese. It's rice balls stuffed with various stuff. I wonder how it would taste with the Thai crushed sweet peanuts inside. Or Char Siew (a Chinese sweet pork).

I bought some asparagus to bake in the Nu Wave sometime this week.

Turned out awesome, used Ancho chili powder instead of regular chili powder and it made all the difference.

So, my next door neighbor has a Taco Truck. Every once in a while, if I'm walking the dog about the time he's leaving in the morning, he'll stop and give me some a couple chicken and a couple beef burritos. Some of the best one's I've ever eaten. Yesterday evening when I was walking the dog, Daniel knocked on the door and gave my wife two chickens. Said something about going to California, hope he didn't want me to save them for him cause I tossed them on the smoker this morning. Gave one to my daughter and her family, wife and I dinned on the other. Never look a gift chicken in the mouth...;)

Back