What's this pipe in my sump pit??

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably didn't want the expense of breaking up the concrete. Easier to cap the end and tile over it. The upside, if you ever decide you want a kitchen in the basement again, you'll have a gray water drain. Not sure the sump pump would be happy about that though. lol.

Probably didn't want the expense of breaking up the concrete. Easier to cap the end and tile over it. The upside, if you ever decide you want a kitchen in the basement again, you'll have a gray water drain. Not sure the sump pump would be happy about that though. lol.
The expense of breaking up the concrete? What do u mean why would anyone have to bust up concrete? I figured they maybe didn't like the look of the drain or something. Either way I kind of was thinking about trying to locate it (knock for hollow spot on tile) and have it just incase

Pretty much what I was implying, with the exception of not reopening it until there was a need.

Back