What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, balmy 7 here in Music City this morning...I just love living in the South..

You need to move up here where its warmer 18f this morning. Yesterday I put the electric space heater in a box covering the plow pump on the truck to thaw it out to plow. Today the battery was low so I'm charging the truck now once I get it started then I can see if the plow needs thawed again. Lot of messing around for a measly 8" of overnight snow. :)

Oh by the way (Happy New Year) everyone. Heading out to sit in the tub until the truck charges.

My vehicle antifreeze is set for +14F, the coldest it's supposed to get around here. That benchmark is out the window now.
Draining part of the coolant and adding pure antifreeze to get to a new, lower point is kinda' messy.
Finger's crossed. . .:(

got down to -17 last night with a high of-3 not suppose to warm up any time soon. am so ready for spring all ready:)

-15 f this morning and I don’t think the furnace shut off much over night. The garage has 24” of snow on the roof and wondering if I should take the neighbor up on his offer to lend me his snow rake.

Good day to hunker down and stay inside.

actually warming up highs in the upper30s to lower 40s lows in the in the upper 20s . might even hit the 50s on next sat . its 25 right now with light freezing rain I hate ice there saying we could get between 1/8-1/4 before turning to all rain tomorrow.

In the last week we have had almost every kind of weather event there is. As you all know the snow fall has been unreal even for me. my garage had 3’ of heavy compressed snow on the roof. I was getting concerned as was I on the hot tub roof. Most of the neighbors were risking life and limb getting on roofs and shoveling. Weather man said there was going to be a warm up with rain. It did and got to be in the 60s good for the roofs as the snow was pouring off slush up to my knees. Then my worries turned to the new Amish laid steel roof on the house. All that slush had me running around looking for leaks. Glad to say the Amish did good and stayed dry. Then came the flood. We live close to French Creek and it had froze over with that super cold and then broke up with the warm rain and the 100” of snow melting. The ice and trees and limbs caused huge jams at bridges some of them a mile long and the water came up 16’ and is still a concern as when one jam breaks there is a rush of water to the next place. I’m on high ground but the neighbor across the road is surrounded in water and now it has froze. There is a parking lot full of cars that are solid froze in ice up to the door handles. Those cars might wait till spring to get free.

Currently 16 here staying in that range pretty much. 6” of new snow so we are starting over after the January thaw.

The woods across the street looks like a ice skating park with 4” of ice thickness. Attractive to kids. Only problem is the water recedes and the ice stays 6’ above the water below. Then the fun starts when it starts falling when the tree trunks can’t hold it up. Last year it happened and it sounded like a 1000 elephants coming thru the woods.

Driving through Nevada right now and it's 43 degrees and clear. Should be in Vegas by 1am to sleep for a few hours.im starting to not like this drive

Not bad down here in Daytona Beach.. 50s and 60s.. beats snow and 10 degrees in CT.:trophy:

We (Erie) are out to a big lead this year with 138.1” so far our biggest competition every year is Syracuse and they are at 77.5”

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

Lake Erie is now 90% ice though and that shuts off the lake effect snow machine so now we are just getting what the clippers bring along.

On a good note if we get 10” more this winter and that’s almost certain we will break Erie’s all time record.

We had the thaw a week ago that caused the ice damming where I live and flooding that is still an on going problem and down stream is bracing for the warm up coming this weekend.

Not bad out today around 30f.

Five more inches today and we will break the all time winter snowfall record for Erie.

According to the rodent up on gobblers knob this morning when he saw his shadow we are getting 6 more weeks of winter. So we should be crushing that record before its all over.

I bet they didn’t waste a lot of time getting him out of the hole today as it was around zero here. Normally that puts a damper on the party.

Five more inches today and we will break the all time winter snowfall record for Erie.

According to the rodent up on gobblers knob this morning when he saw his shadow we are getting 6 more weeks of winter. So we should be crushing that record before its all over.

I bet they didn’t waste a lot of time getting him out of the hole today as it was around zero here. Normally that puts a damper on the party.
I think Erie is safe from Nashville taking the snow fall title this year.
I hope you have supplies you better hunker down for the winter.:trophy:

I think Erie is safe from Nashville taking the snow fall title this year.

It’s a big deal when you can set new snowfall records despite the global warming. Actually this wont be a world record 20,000 years ago the snow and ice were 2 miles thick right here. This record we will break is only over the last 100 or so years.

It’s a big deal when you can set new snowfall records despite the global warming. Actually this wont be a world record 20,000 years ago the snow and ice were 2 miles thick right here. This record we will break is only over the last 100 or so years.
So, you do remember the snow and ice event 20000 bc...[emoji6]

Latest posts

Back