What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a big deal when you can set new snowfall records despite the global warming. Actually this wont be a world record 20,000 years ago the snow and ice were 2 miles thick right here. This record we will break is only over the last 100 or so years.
It might b a warmer lake.

It might b a warmer lake.

Well it wasn’t too warm last week it was froze all the way to Canada. That puts a end to the lake effect snows pretty good.

A high school friend was the first person to walk across lake Erie. Now they lock you up if you try it.

Last edited:
Nothing dramatic this morning in MSP Minnesota.

Was -4F at 8:00 AM with sun and no wind. I had an 8:00 Drs appointment and did not wear a jacket (tuck-under garage). Now, at 11:20 AM it is -10F. with bare streets and 2"to 4" of snow on the grass.

Just boring similar weather ahead for a few days. - Off to get my car washed and cleaned.

Dick

Well as of today we broke the all time snowfall record for Erie. The old record was 149” and we got at least 5-6” over night so we should now be around 155”.

Also way out in front in the snow globe snow race Syracuse isn’t to 100” yet.

Snow plow just came thru so time to plow the driveway.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

It hit 70 here yesterday. What a nice winter treat. I even saw golfers out playing around the snow traps. 65 now but going back to winter by noon.

was in the 60s all week end.. now its back to winter freezing rain yesterday. now highs in the lower 30s lows in the lower teens.

Bud, have you had enough snow yet?

We got 10” of wet heavy stuff over night just got in from plowing.

Erie is at 167.7” now Syracuse is at 124.6. That would be a winner most years. We are crushing the Erie record this year. Only 2 cities over 100 so far.

My big chore is going to be getting my gravel back into the driveway. These wet snows really take it out.

Ya I’m ready for spring. I have my bike ready to go and I need to get some exercise. I’m trying to find a old roto-tiller I can fix up. No one seems to ever sell them. Looking forward to getting the garden in also.

Temp is in the low 30”s and woke up to 10”+ new snow over night. And expecting another foot or more today. The ice melt on Lake Erie has turned the lake effect snow machine back on.

We are at 188.6 crushing the old Erie winter Record and we are within a few inches of the USA record. Right now we are in third Syracuse and Buffalo both had 190 something inches way back. Looks like we could hit the 200” mark.

Almost noon and haven’t seen a plow down our road yet. Once they get thru it is off to plowing for me.

IMG_7970.jpg

Today is the 96th day of January 2018 in Cambridge Springs PA.

This morning 8am. Looked about the same as yesterday. and the day before and the day before.............

Been in the 30's all week on Easter we got 6inches of snow the normal temp for us this time of year is in the lower 60's.suppose to be in the 30's all next week to.

81* today, just cut the grass for the third time, shirts and flip flop weather right now. Don't worry, back to almost freezing Sunday and Monday nite.

same weather here oldognewtrick except i haven't had to mow yet suppose to snow Sunday and then start warming up into the 50s been a crappy spring.

Yesterday we got 4.5 inches of snow and that brings the winter snowfall to 198.5” and the all time record Buffalo NY holds at 199.4”

Our last chance to take the top spot is coming up tomorrow when the low passes thru. The prediction is .5-2.5” so we have a shot at it all we need 1”.

Last night they did a survey on the news and 65% of the people said go for it even though they are sick of snow.

I inch for bragging rights haha.

Back