What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30715571_1899298930081937_8213637268653473792_n.jpg

The temperature here in Bowmanville is 15/16 degree centigrade.
It's normal.

So....are the snow drifts finally gone or are you still knee deep in frozen stuff?

It’s all gone. We are getting some toasty weather mixed with a lot of rain. High 80’s few days running.

We missed the all time snow record last winter by a fraction of an inch. But we did win the contest for last winter by a lot.

Grass is growing like crazy now and I was mowing last week and the handle of the mower snapped right off and the mower stalled when the safety cable thing went slack. Stopped with a clunk. Now that I’m a welder I had it apart and fixed in ten minutes. Went to start it up and it has always fired right up and it started and ran 10 seconds and dies. Give the bulb two pumps fires up again 10 seconds dies. So I mess with it for a couple hours and give up. Yesterday I need to cut grass and out of the blue I go to tractor supply and buy a brand new mower bring it home and Holly says what’s that. It was her birthday so I say look what I got you a husky push mower. She wasn’t amused with my gift. Today I take an hour and get it out of the box and put it together add oil and gas. One pull fires up and runs like a champ. I go 20’ and it is set to low so I stop it and adjust the height and start it up and it runs about 75RPM. So I get mad and throw it in the truck with the box it came in and go back to tractor supply. The manager comes out and starts it and looks puzzled he goes over it just like I did and it all seems good so he gives me another one new in the box. I go home and she comes out as I’m opening the box and says I thought you just did that. The second time around I got it put together in 10 minutes and the second I started to mow I noticed the little spring the first one didn’t have. It must have sprung off when I shut it off. My whole summer has been going like this. I will still fix the old mower so we can spend quality time mowing together.

That new mower sure is pretty though.

Hey Bud, how's the snow race going this year?
We are in 5th place right now.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

We have over 100” less snow to date than we had last year this time.

Tonight and today we had rain and hail by the buckets and 60 mph winds and thunderstorms. I sat in the hot tub and watched it all,lol.

They are saying we might get a foot tomorrow and I blew a fuel line in the truck so that should be fun digging by hand.

Greenest winter I ever remember. Last year they said we got all that snow and broke the record because of man made climate change. This year they are saying we haven’t got any snow because of man made climate change. Go figure.

Ski lodge isn’t happy I know that.

Thing is the lake most likely wont freeze this year now and is way to warm. If Neal and his buddies send down a lot of cold air over that warm lake we could be in for some real fun later in the winter.

I got enough food to last till spring and I can wait it out if that happens.

All last two weeks the golf course has been open.

We're rebounding now, first night over 0°f since Wed. At the lowest point it was -22°f. Not sure what the wind chill was. I didn't go out to check. :eek:

Back