What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-22°f Wed & Thurs. +40°f on Sat. maybe mid 50's tomorrow. ( about an hour South of Chicago).

Yep, it seems that info was dropped from everyone's profile when we switched over. Maybe we can make a sticky or something to remind folks to add that detail back into their profile.

Go to your profile icon (upper right corner of page) click on "Personal Details" and scroll down to add your location. Don't forget to hit the save button at the bottom!

Yep, it seems that info was dropped from everyone's profile when we switched over. Maybe we can make a sticky or something to remind folks to add that detail back into their profile.

Go to your profile icon (upper right corner of page) click on "Personal Details" and scroll down to add your location. Don't forget to hit the save button at the bottom!
There is no place to add that info.

Here's a picture of the walk way to Buds front door.View attachment 21628

That’s pretty funny. I had a neighbor kid that used to go out and paint things on the side of snow walls almost like that.

The best idea I had when I was plowing snow was a guy told me to put my phone number in reverse with big raised numbers on the blade of my plow and when I left a job my number would be stamped in the snow for advertisement. I never did it but I thought it was a good idea.

This has been a strange winter we are a little above average for snow fall for the season around 80” but we had a warm week last week and it got up to 60 and it all melted. One night we were sitting outside at midnight and it was 60 the next morning it was 5.

Cold... zero at 6am.. Dont forget to change those batteries this weekend, its Dark O clock this Sunday at 2am.

We are right at average snowfall this year, but still in third place. We need to get going if we are to catch Buffalo as they are 25” ahead.

My plow truck is still down so I hope we don’t get it in some ways. Plus the groundhog said early spring and they just found him froze to death on the side of the road. Its been cold.

A new photo of Buds driveway....:huh:

Not this winter. I do remember a few as a kid that looked almost that bad. It hit 50 this week and we had a wind and rain Saturday night that had us thinking Wizard of OZ.

This is the first winter all the gravel is still in the driveway if I can make it to spring it will make spring clean up a snap.
:D

Well we didn’t win the snow globe this year we came in 5th place and beat by a light weight like Anchorage Alaska is pretty sad. We only had of record 66” and we average around 100” and a good year 150” plus and where I live south of the city 200”. So it was really mild, but we are not going down without a fight.

Current Top 25 Snowiest US Cities | Golden Snow Globe National Snow Contest Snowiest US City Pop 100,000+

Attached are a couple pictures of the 5” we got over night. April 10,2020

I wanted to get some pictures of the daffodils poking out of the snow, but they were covered in the heavy snow bent to the ground. Same with my rhubarb.

Spring has sprung. But with being shut in with the virus today’s exercise plan will include one last (hopefully) snowball fight. We went for a drive this morning and some kids made a snow Easter Bunny. IMG_0192.jpgIMG_0195.jpg

"What's Your Temp?" takes on a whole new meaning nowadayso_O

So true.

Good news is the snow has vanished here and the flowers popped back up.

The bad news is I have all the time and equipment, along with several projects I have been thinking about all winter but I don’t want to be that guy going out with my mask on to Home Depot to buy materials.

We went to Wal-mart a couple days ago to get basic foods we were out of and they had blue Xs marked on the sidewalk and floors inside they had some areas roped off. The greeter was taking a count of who entered and exited. The thing that I thought was amazing was that 80% of the people shopping had some kind of masks on but I only saw 2 employees wearing a mask and they both worked in the meat section. The greeter and the cashier both no masks along with dozens of others stocking shelves.

Stay safe my friends. 😷

April 17 two days after the day the state makes us remove our winter tires. We are still going for that record.

Thought you guys would like to see my forsythia bush in full bloom out the back window and the forest across the street from our front window all spring-like.

Looks like a B&W movie out there. IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0198.jpg

Latest posts

Back