What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my place in northern Quebec,-35C Saturdays morning equal to -31f , now that is dangerous cold .

-5 wind chill and a foot of snow. It's winter.

Looks like it's time to get the ice boat out.View attachment 27474
Yep they have been ice fishing some. I used to love ice fishing as a kid but no longer can find anyone that it sounds fun to.

The ice sailing used to be really big on our Erie harbor and died out over the years. As a teen my buddy and I went skating on the harbor and I had an old Indian blanket I kept in my car and we used it as a sail between us. We went from one end of the bay to the other about 5 miles really fast. It then took us the rest of the day to go back into the wind.

My brother in law built a ice shack that folded up and was about 6’x6’ we drilled our holes got the shack set up and we got zipped in with a couple Coleman lanterns for heat and all of a sudden our holes disappeared and we were sailing across the bay. Talk about a crazy thing.

-8 now, feels like -26.

I need to finish a set of Cornhole boards I'm building, started Friday when it was 53 degrees. The 53 is very abnormal, -20 something is what I expect in February.

Montucky!

-8 now, feels like -26.

I need to finish a set of Cornhole boards I'm building, started Friday when it was 53 degrees. The 53 is very abnormal, -20 something is what I expect in February.

Montucky!
A balmy 64 here this morning with several lines of severe weather blowing through for the next couple days.

We are getting to around 50f today and rain for the next 3-4 days. The river was ice covered and the rain has melted a good 24” of snow and there are ice dams. Real mess both our phones went off in the middle of the night for flood warnings. We are pretty high but neighbors are a little worried. I might have the canoe out sooner than I thought this year.

March 27 2022 spring has sprung here. 8" over night and more on the way. I put the tractor with the plow away the other day when it hit 70 outside. the mower is ready to go.IMG_2799.jpg

Bud: You should have known better than to put the plow away and get the mower ready - :eyeballs:

I think it was March 2017 we got hit here in Northeast PA with a blizzard. I think we got something like 30 inches that time.

At least Wed and Thursday will be warm with rain and it will wash that cold white stuff away hopefully.

Weather for Erie
1648392588432.png

The maple syrup run is already over and all the taps taken down. Ya I knew it was too early but we can slog thru this one as hopefully the melts will get us to real spring. Part of the fault is my neighbor he bought a new yard toy and has been out every day doing spring stuff and it has been driving me crazy to get going.

I think I need a vacation to Nashville. :coffee:

Supposed to be 70 today, supposed to snow Tuesday. I can rake out bad areas of the lawn, but can't put seed / straw down until... ???

Back