What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are one of the big contenders every year. the contest is cities of 100,000 or more and they have their NOHA station right in the snow belt. Most years where i live we get more than them but we measure about 20 miles from the belt. It is still great fun watching the results come in. If they included remote places where hardly no one lives it would be much different.
That's all pretty kewl... and would be very interesting... Have to see if there's something like that for Canada...

We are currently in third place in the snow globe contest for 2022-23 season. The number now doesn’t mean much but getting off to a good start never hurts. I will post results as the snow progresses. The wooly bear caterpillar told me it will be a doosie.
I grew up in a town next to South Bend called Elkhart, IN. There’re number one so far this year! The massive blizzard of ‘78 is what drove me to California. Liberal politics is what drove me to Alabama in 2020.

Click here

It’s Impossible To Forget The Year Indiana Saw Its Single Biggest Snowfall Ever​

The year was 1978. It was a chilly January morning, and Hoosiers (along with every other resident of the Ohio River Valley and Great Lakes regions) were expecting snow. A lot of snow. Needless to say… they got it. Over the next 48 hours, a snowstorm unlike anything Indiana had ever seen before would grind the entire state, as well as the whole region, to a complete halt.
2615B60A-F9B2-47E2-9F20-B5C8DA793C65.jpeg

I grew up in a town next to South Bend called Elkhart, IN. There’re number one so far this year! The massive blizzard of ‘78 is what drove me to California. Liberal politics is what drove me to Alabama in 2020.

Click here

It’s Impossible To Forget The Year Indiana Saw Its Single Biggest Snowfall Ever​

The year was 1978. It was a chilly January morning, and Hoosiers (along with every other resident of the Ohio River Valley and Great Lakes regions) were expecting snow. A lot of snow. Needless to say… they got it. Over the next 48 hours, a snowstorm unlike anything Indiana had ever seen before would grind the entire state, as well as the whole region, to a complete halt.
View attachment 29071
Was living in Kansas City that day. We got 14 inches of snow. I jumped in a Chevy 2 that I had bought for $50 and drove the 40 miles to work. It was so light, it rode on top of the snow.

An engineer who had a defense job in the Boston area during WWII said he and a buddy were standing on a windy street corner in spitting snow and he said, "Do you believe people live here even when there's not a war going on?".

The massive blizzard of ‘78 is what drove me to California.
We had a Blizzard of '78 here in Toledo, Ohio, but only about 13"... yet enough to overwhelm our removal capabilities...
Right now sunny 58 degrees F... hope that continues into Saturday and also down into Columbus Ohio so that Ohio State U can score a hefty 70 college football passing points on that pesky team from that state up north in Ann Arbor...

We had a Blizzard of '78 here in Toledo, Ohio, but only about 13"... yet enough to overwhelm our removal capabilities...
Right now sunny 58 degrees F... hope that continues into Saturday and also down into Columbus Ohio so that Ohio State U can score a hefty 70 college football passing points on that pesky team from that state up north in Ann Arbor...
GO BLUE

Back