Where the heck is this water getting in!!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill84

Reaction score
IMG_0904.JPG IMG_0905.JPG IMG_0906.JPG IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0909.PNG So last month I been monitoring a window on 1st floor that had water seeping in around top of inside window frame. I siliconed the hell out of the window above it as I knew this window was suspect after I found bottom flashing had corner gaps! I sealed the window all way around and every time it rains I peak in bottom window frame from inside wall and it's been dry! But today I was going to foam seal the inside top frame of window due to colder temps out (31*) today, and in middle of that top flashing I see water!!!!!!!!!!! Nothin dripping in so could it be condensation?? Look at the pics and tell me where to look I'm at my wits end with this damn house!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated more than u know. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
To be safe (and certain of the issue), I'd cut a piece of drywall out from above the moisture so I could determine if there was any moisture above it, and if so, where it was coming from. A piece of drywall, some tape, mud, and paint, and a few hours of time to inspect it is worth the piece of mind to know it's fixed correctly.

It could just be condensation, but then I'd wonder why there is condensation there...

To be safe (and certain of the issue), I'd cut a piece of drywall out from above the moisture so I could determine if there was any moisture above it, and if so, where it was coming from. A piece of drywall, some tape, mud, and paint, and a few hours of time to inspect it is worth the piece of mind to know it's fixed correctly.

It could just be condensation, but then I'd wonder why there is condensation there...
Hi Brian thanks for your response. Turns out, after I went to the window above I found water getting in after I pulled the trim off and sure enough, the bottom of the window frame was wet!

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back