Where to buy hinge bushing (insert) for interior doors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muncie21

Reaction score
The nylon bushings on some of my interior doors are worn/cracked. Rather than buy complete new hinges, can i buy just the plastic/bronze bushing?

How about a photo of the entire hinge, also there should be a stamped mfg. name on the hinge.

The door stoppers like you show there usually have a bushing inside.
You can get those stoppers pretty cheaply.
Maybe the bushing from one of those would work on the hinge pin.

good morning. it looks like the bushing may be for the door stopper and was not originally with the hinge.

Hi folks, I really appreciate all of the comments feedback.

I realize that the easy thing to do is buy a new hinge (with door stop) or just the door stop by itself. At the moment all my interior hinges and door stops are the same. I've looked at door stops at Lowes/HD and they have similar ones, but not identical to what I need.

I was hoping to purchase 10 or so bushings so that as they wear out, I just replace the bushing rather than install a new style/design hinge or door stop. With the hinge ID being .23" I'd expect the OD to be close to .25 or quarter inch. I had assumed (potentially incorrectly) that this being a standard size, they would readily be available.

Your hinge doesn't need the bushing, those are for the door stop. Door stops are sold separately from the hinges. Without the bushing the door stop will be a little loose but will still accomplish the goal of keeping the door from hitting the wall. The door stops cost about $2.20 each when bought in quantity. You can see on the picture at the link that these have a nylon or similar bushing built in. You could look in the parts drawers at your local home center for bushings, take the hinge pin and your existing door stop with you to try fitting what they have.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Design-Hou...w-Core-doors-Value-Pack-5-Per-Pack/1001381906

Back