Which circular saw blade(s), would you recommend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Diablo for general purposes .... although the 24 tooth version is rough. I prefer better finishes on my cuts, so go with more teeth. There is hardly a difference other than price with the other two.

For a General Purpose blade I would go with option C

I agree with CallMeVilla, i like to use a blade with more teeth than 24 . i looks so much more professional a tight square cut that is smooth.

Bill

For rough framing I use the Irwin Marathon blades- very ruffed and lasts a long time even when rode hard and put up wet by total dummies who cut nails instead of pulling them. For general purpose I use a coarse Diablo. For fine work I use a fine-tooth Diablo.

Phil

Thanks!

UPDATE: I went with the Diablo, for which, other than general purpose cutting, I have the following uses, in mind:
1) Repair & replace sections of wooden bench, fencing and gates.
2) Remove & repair section of 3/4 plywood subfloor under 2nd floor toilet.

FWIW: I do have two low-end HF #93893 10" 40T Carbide saw blades and HF Chicago Electric #61971, 10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw, for a bit of a finer cut, on the following uses:
1) Cut and install wooden flooring baseboards and door trim.
2) Begin to learn basic woodworking/DIY Furniture building i.e. Adirondack chairs, wooden benches, bookcases/shelving, cabinets/doors, etc. while, I'm saving up for a table saw, router, plainer, clamps, etc. :)

Back