Which one is the best?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superpack

Reaction score
I don't like the warmth environment too much. But I am constructing 3 new rooms and I am nerves about choosing between gas and electric heat. Can anyone suggest me which one is the best?

Best Regards,

Hello, Gas is much more efficient and heats more evenly.
I guess, consider your cost rates there. How is your gas cost compared to electric. In some places electric is less than gas. It's one of those choices you need to think about. Do you already has a gas furnace? Or will it be a new unit versus electric baseboard? Think it all out before doing, but all in all gas is much better then electric. Hope this helps. ;)GregC

One therm of energy can be had from 29.3 kwh of elec. heat or 100 cu. ft. of NG. Usually NG is cheaper per therm.

Thats usually the case, but these days the d*mn energy companies are changing their story every month. Gas is up, gas is down, electric up, electric is down. What a joke! They have you by the B*lls!
Sorry, it gets very aggravating when they toy with us consumers.

I also prefer Gas. I think Gas provides a different heat compared to those Electrical heat. Just like with Gas stove and electrical stove. Food is easier and better to cook on flame than electric stove.

I think.. One therm of energy can be had from 29.3 kwh of elec. heat or 100 cu. ft. of NG.

I think.. One therm of energy can be had from 29.3 kwh of elec. heat or 100 cu. ft. of NG.
But NG appliances are maybe 80% efficient and electric ones are ~100%.

Latest posts

Back