Which window/wall A/C?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dthornton

inspector gadget
Reaction score
We like bedroom COLD for sleeping. We're planning to buy a window A/C to put in the bedroom; probably mounted in the wall. Back in the "old days" most window A/Cs had a "vent" lever you could open to just draw in fresh air from the outside when it's cold out. Can't seem to find any like that anymore. The bedroom is 12' X 22'. What brand/model window A/Cs do y'all recommend? Here in San Antonio, it's still in the 80s to low 90s. Is the LG 10,000 BTU a good model, and good size for the room? Thanks!

10,000 should be more than enough for the bedroom IMO. We have a 10’000 that cools our whole first floor but then again we live up north. We have a 5,000 in the bedroom and it kept up fine when the temps were in the 80-90 range. I don’t have anything bad to say about LG products haven’t used an AC from them though.

Around here we mount them in the windows because we do need to take them out for winter.

10,000 should be more than enough for the bedroom IMO. We have a 10’000 that cools our whole first floor but then again we live up north. We have a 5,000 in the bedroom and it kept up fine when the temps were in the 80-90 range. I don’t have anything bad to say about LG products haven’t used an AC from them though.

Around here we mount them in the windows because we do need to take them out for winter.

Mount it high in the wall a build a snap on insulated box for the winter:trophy:

I'd look at a mini-split system instead of a window unit. Much quieter, more efficient and they add value to your house as a permanent improvement. A window AC is considered personal property and doesn't add to the resale value of your house.

If possible put the unit in the shade.

Back