Who else is watching Obammie's State of the Union Address?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with quite a bit Peter Weiner said in that article actually. The one part I wouldn’t is that Trump would be the least qualified person to ever hold the job. I truly see the current president as the least qualified and on my measuring tape I would give Trumps age, real world experience and education points above Obama’s public and private record. It is the way it’s done to build a resume before running for office these days. Not a natural progression of public service its more like you pick a state you can win like NY move there and run for senator then get in a close primary race and get a job as secretary of state as second place to punch that card and be in line for next time around. So now you have a resume.

Bill Clinton and I never thought I would say this wasn’t that bad of a president. He could have been but he got stymied very much like Obama did with a republican congress. Clinton was smart enough to realize he had to work with Gingrich or get nothing and he triangulated on a lot of issues and things improved. I personally see Hillary not doing that and being more of an Obama type clone. Bill was to me more of a liberal and she is much more of a progressive.

As to Trump I will be quite surprised if he actually makes it to be the nominee These polls mean nothing and when you are as bombastic as he is the media pics up on all that BS and everyone knows him to start with and you ask a bunch of people who they like they and 25% of them say Trump its not surprising to me.

We just watched a 140 wild ideas that never happened and those were stated after the guy was elected. He was even making wilder ones when he was at the point Trump is at now. Actually saying some down right scary things. No one wants to hear a bean counter explain how the economy works and how he is going to fix it. They want to hear all these big bold plans without any details and believe them like they might really happen.

Just adding my two cents, I am just surprised that with all these brilliant people in the United States, we only get to choose the listed buffoons. I could easily cross party lines IF the right person was willing to volunteer his time to make America great again.

I missed the republican debate when it was live, and only saw it last night. As the real voting gets closer, I am more surprised that Trump is still center stage.And I dislike the fact that until now the media has been thinning the field by displaying only a few candidates (less each time) and by giving center stage to Trump each time. It makes me feel like I'm watching "The Bachelor" or the NCAA playoffs, instead of something that I will be participating in.
I will give Trump credit for bringing attention to the race, but now I worry that time is running short and that the grown-ups should be getting more attention.
I'd like to hear what you guys think of the other candidates....

I personally like Rubio. He doesn't seem to be bought as much as the others.

Ben Carson would have my vote if he would just learn to speak up and not talk like a kid who was just caught masterbating in a school classroom.

Wow, where did that come from? :hide: He is a brilliant man if he didn't seem scared of his own shadow.

Just adding my two cents, I am just surprised that with all these brilliant people in the United States, we only get to choose the listed buffoons. I could easily cross party lines IF the right person was willing to volunteer his time to make America great again.
Anybody who is really smart, wouldn't take the job. I think ego is the biggest factor at this point.

at least the job has some good looking aids to make the day go by faster. Just ask Clinton.

I agree about Ben. If he wasn't such a wussy I'd like him more. He also seems like he is fibbing to fit in but that could be his childish talk making me think that.

I want someone who is not afraid of confrontation or being put on the spot

I'm listening to the democrap debate currently and just heard Hillary say that she demands that all police officers carry Narcon on them to provide to anyone suffering from a heroin overdose. Does she not understand that incorrect dosage or administration of that drug will kill someone much faster that the heroin overdose itself?

I'm listening to the democrap debate currently and just heard Hillary say that she demands that all police officers carry Narcon on them to provide to anyone suffering from a heroin overdose. Does she not understand that incorrect dosage or administration of that drug will kill someone much faster that the heroin overdose itself?

I suspect that would come with training.

Problem is today it is narcan. Tomorrow, it is pills for the fat folks. Next week we will trade in our guns for blood pressure equipment. Good gawd, let cops do cop stuff and let the paramedics do their thing. Are paramedics now going to carry guns?

Problem is today it is narcan. Tomorrow, it is pills for the fat folks. Next week we will trade in our guns for blood pressure equipment. Good gawd, let cops do cop stuff and let the paramedics do their thing. Are paramedics now going to carry guns?

I think you're right here. Cops carry enough crap, and have enough to think (and train) about.

A cops job is to call the emt, the emt's job is to administer care.

I like Rand Paul actually, fiscally conservative socially more liberal.

I watched the Democrat debates last night and honestly like the guy standing next to Hillary and that old white dude. I don't know him name though.

Yep. He was the only one that wasn't annoying to listen to. Hillary and Sanders both are similar to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Latest posts

Back