Who makes Railings with these baluster ends?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nh_handyman

Reaction score
I have a railing that was installed by the landscape company doing our back yard - so I had no input or idea what system they were using - I did ask a few questions but...

The balusters are connected to the railing with these pieces that go into each end and the railing is slid onto it. They also have angled pieces for stairs.

20190711_174757.jpg

Sorry I can't help there but will bump the thread and see if we have someone that knows. :coffee:

I've looked at several parts sites and haven't found ant that fit that particular slide configuration.

Do you have any contact info on the landscape company that install it?

I've looked at several parts sites and haven't found ant that fit that particular slide configuration.

I did lots of searching when a few of these broke over the winter (young adults swinging shovels) with no luck.

I do recall speaking with the deck guy and he was telling me that he travels up and down the east coast installing decks and that the railing company asked him to do a demo on installation techniques - I figured he was just BSing me.

If not, the railing system may be something not from the North East.

The material is a composite of some sort (the dark color) and the railings are held on with metal brackets.

The system includes sleeves that fit over 4x4 posts.

You might try google search for images of the connectors and the railing holes they plug into.

Are you trying to buy more identical railing, or do you just need the connector ?

Are you trying to buy more identical railing, or do you just need the connector ?

Trying to replace several that have been broken off.

Did the google image search on just the connector - still no luck.

Attachments

• 20220625_073659.jpg
    20220625_073659.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
Make your own.

You can make them out of wood, or PVC.
Probably its more than 3/4". but you can buy a piece of PVC trim board, glue up two pieces, and finish to size. You can use the PVC glue in the plumbing department.

I see there is some kind of snap feature on it. One possibility is make the connector out of wood, put a blob of PL Premium on it, stuff it into the railing cavities and wait a day for the PL to cure. The PL Premium expands as it cures and will lock in.

Make your own.

You can make them out of wood, or PVC.
Probably its more than 3/4". but you can buy a piece of PVC trim board, glue up two pieces, and finish to size. You can use the PVC glue in the plumbing department.

I see there is some kind of snap feature on it. One possibility is make the connector out of wood, put a blob of PL Premium on it, stuff it into the railing cavities and wait a day for the PL to cure. The PL Premium expands as it cures and will lock in.

Ya see - I'm old school - when it comes to plastic - I can't make it - metal, wood - I'll weld or widdle .... however, my son's 3d printer might be able to help!!!!!

I would prolly just improvise a repair of existing connectors and maybe reassemble to place repaired ones at the bottom and good ones at the top.

Last edited:
I may be all wet. I've assumed that it was the connector that failed. I just realized that's not been confirmed.

Latest posts

Back