Who sells water coils?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERE

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post on this site. It looks like a really valuable source of information. I want to install a hot water coil in my hvac duct (16"x20") and connect it to my hydronic heat source. I would use this for auxiliary heat instead of the current electric resistance elements. The problem is that I've spend days trying to find a source to buy the coil from on the web. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks,
ERE

Thanks, ToolGuy. I already tried them. The problem is that they don't have coils listed that you can punch "buy one now" and when I asked them for one of their instant quotes, they never responded. Their quote form has a lot of questions I don't know how to answer (like fin height, fin length, fins per inch) so I put "any" in the blank space. I suspect they didn't want to deal with me if I didn't know. Truth is that almost any water coil that fits into a 16"x20" duct would work for me.

Welcome ERE:
A coil with fins on it is not what I think you need. A simple spiral of copper tubing in the plenum would work well. You could make that yourself using a spring bender to keep the tubing from kinking or collapsing.
Glenn

Thanks, Glen. That's an interesting option, but not one that that I think my skills are up to.

Hey ERE:
Look in the Yellow Pages for a Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration distributor. One that should be in your area is United Refrigeration. They are very knowledgable on this sort of thing and have a lot of sources, including their own manufacturing facilities in New Jersey.
Glenn

Back