Window Cleaner

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
I went over to my buddy's house for supper. His sliding glass door was so clean that I thought it was open. I didn't say anything but later he asked what I thought about his windows. I looked around and they were all so clean that the glass was invisible or sparkled with reflections. He has a lady that works for him and she brought a can of spray cleaner with her. She cleaned every window and mirror plus the counters and stove top and the can still has some in it.

1667574104801.png

I usually do mine with a squeegee, a fuzzy cleaner attachment and clear ammonia. I have an extension pole that allows me to hit most of the outsides while standing on the ground. There are a few that I use the tilt in feature to clean the outsides. My neighbor was moving and gave me several Windex hose end window cleaners. You attach it to your hose and spray from the ground. It worked fairly well, not as good as the tools linked below, but good for a quick clean. I usually do the outsides 2x per year, once after pollen season and again before winter.

Window Cleaning Tools

Extension Pole

Eddie, my friend, who owns a glass tinting shop, will only use this same window cleaner. I do to, but I believe what is more important is what you wipe the glass with, not the solution to clean it with. Paper towels and cotton towels leave lint dust, and tends to leave streaks. Microfiber towels are pretty good, but I hate the feel of them.
What I'd really like to know is what the heck does my car wash guys use? Damn, it looks like Windex, and a cotton towel, but we are amazed at how clean that glass is after a car wash? I would ask them, but I can't speak Spanish.

My friend said the lady used a lot of paper towels but had no streaks. I am anxious to try it as I usually wash windows twice once using a car wash brush, bucket and squeegee then with windex and paper towels. Of course paper towels are expensive now so I may not want to go there. Maybe dedicate some some old bar mops to window washing and wash them. I'm unlikely to do all my windows in one day as she did. I'll still prolly take a quick trip through with a bucket and car wash brush but no squeegee. I'm looking for fast and easy.

Back