Window well cover

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny186

Reaction score
The snow broke my old well cover so I found the right size at Menards except for the part that fits under the vinyl siding. There are about 6" on the right side of the well cover that is hitting the siding, the part of the cover that is supposed to slide under the siding. If I cut out that section, I feel like water or varmints could could get in and even though I could jam it under the siding it won't lay right. Any suggestions?

What if I heated it with a blow torch to flatten out that 6" area?

Yeah a heat gun would definitely be better, I'll ask around and see if anybody has one to lend.

It's be easier to understand the problem if you posted a picture. I've never heard of these sliding under siding. I thought the main idea was to keep out leaves and stuff, not to be a hermetically sealed barrier against all elements. Mine basically just sit over my window wells and my eaves do most of the work keeping out rain.

It's be easier to understand the problem if you posted a picture. I've never heard of these sliding under siding. I thought the main idea was to keep out leaves and stuff, not to be a hermetically sealed barrier against all elements. Mine basically just sit over my window wells and my eaves do most of the work keeping out rain.

I ended up using a blow torch and although that part looks like s**t it's hidden under the siding lol Just happy it fits!

Back