Window wrapping problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syd26

Reaction score
Hello, hired this company to wrap my doors and windows (previously wood)..they came out and did it and next morning something caught my eye- there was a wood lip sticking out over top of every one. Apparently the top of all of them was a ‘decorative piece’ and instead of wrapping it, the guys cut flat pieces and just nailed them on top. Picture below. Owner says they’ll be out this weekend to correct it. Anyone have an idea of how this should be fixed properly? Not sure myself as I do understand it cannot simply be wrapped over as it won’t meet up at the ends.. any ideas? Want to make sure they have a good plan before they touch my house again. Thanks for any opinions.
487984B1-690B-471A-8E8D-EE4FEBED9011.jpeg

That's weird. Can't imagine why that was done but, the wrap should have been bigger to close up the gap between the top of the wrap and the J-channel.

#1, That old wooden drip cap should have been removed and replaced with Z molding before the siding was installed.
#2, That J molding was done totally wrong, they cut it to short.
#3, The whole job was done out of order, all the openings get wrapped, then the siding goes on.
#4, They cut the metal to short and would need to be removed to fix it.
#5, Looks like they used the huge cheap aluminum nails and installed them in the wrong place instead of the smaller head SS trim nails.
#6, The nails should have been closer to the edge and at the top and bottom of the seam, if this had of been done right in the first place there would be no face nails.

Latest posts

Back