Winter; aren't we done yet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
Waited for weather to break, started a house on theyrs, nice weather.
18 inches of snow today and counting. :(:(:(

join the club... the last time I saw the ground up here in the litchfield hills was about christmas....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

If the let the Oldog in... then anybody can show up... Him and his Jazzercize...:help:

When I was a kid we had snow like this but lately it's been just a few inches a couple times a year. At least it's not that artificial stuff the gov. dumped across the south.:rofl:

Winter is officially over on March 21/22.:banana:

You guys just need a drink and some fur ... Meanwhile, I'm hitting the beach.

FUR.jpg

We had a thaw last week and the ice on some of the rivers started moving and forming jams and then refroze. That has a lot of people quite worried when we get the spring thaw now these bergs will form dams.

This area along the lake shore is some of the best grape growing area in the country and the wine growers have been reporting 95% loss due to the wide temp swings. Those negative 20 nights after a couple warm days have really ruined the buds. On the other hand they are predicting a record strawberry season this year.

Back