Wiring Aprilaire model 800 SteamHumidifier/Model 62 Controller

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezridermn

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing an Aprilaire Model 800 Steam Humidifier controlled by model 62 humidistat. Everything is done except wiring in the humidistat. I have spent a few hours on the Internet educating myself on how to make the connections but I am not 100% confident I know the correct way to do it. So, I am asking for some advice. I am attaching some pictures and installation manuals along with this post to better explain my situation.

The gray diagram that shows the connections seems to generally tell the story. Though I am not sure about the 24v transformer connection to the humidifier. I believe in my situation the 24v power should be introduced in the humidistat and not be part of the humidifier circuit. Is that correct?

I understand the purpose for separating the green wires. I am not sure if I should leave the green wiring in place as it now stands and add new connections like the diagram shows. Or do I remove the current green wire connections and replace them as outlined in the diagram.

I am also confused by what appears to be the air exchanger being wired into the old humidstat gauge. Was that done correctly? If so should it be wired into the new humidistat? If so how? If not then what should the air exchanger be wired to?

If you have other insights, comments or suggestions you think are relevant I would appreciate that feedback as well. Thanks in advance for the help!

14 humidifier wiring.jpg air exchanger.jpg current humidistat wiring.jpg diagram.JPG furnace wiring.jpg humidistat wiring.jpg new humidistat.jpg

Attachments

• Aprilaire_60_and_62_Installation_Instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • aprilaire-800-865-humidifier-installation-guide.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Back