Wolf gas range knobs turn on their own

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobc

Reaction score
I have a Wolf gas range, model GR304. The knobs that adjust the flame on the stove often don't stop where I set them but keep turning on their own, towards the low flame end. They do this whether I'm lowering the flame (so they turn further in the same direction) or increasing the flame (they turn in the opposite direction). I called Wolf customer support, and they said I need to have a certified technician come look at it. That will cost hundreds of dollars. Is there something I can do to try to fix this myself? Thanks a lot.

Can you try to figure out (perhaps by removing the knobs and the panel they occupy) what mechanism might be attached to the knobs that  could cause them to turn on their own? Presumably this turning also affects the flame?

I wonder if there's a diagram out there showing how these knobs work, even generically on gas stoves. Then you might be able to take an educated guess on how the different parts work and which one(s) would cause this problem if failing. From there you could figure out how to disassemble and replace what you need to.

That's the approach I would take anyway, but likely someone else here has more knowledge to start you off with.

I was thinking there should be a screw that holds the valve secure, which if tightened, would also apply pressure to the valve rod and stop it from opening on its own. That is a dangerous situation right now.

Latest posts

Back