Wood Floor Color?

Discussion in 'Flooring' started by rwalker28, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jan 5, 2009 #1

rwalker28

rwalker28

rwalker28

Maybe this is not a good question for this forum, this forum seems more "how to do stuff" not "what stuff to do," but what the heck, the stupidest questions are the ones you don't ask, right? Our house was built in 1952. All the baseboards, doors to rooms and closets and mouldings are stained. Not really dark, but not light either. The house is a 1500 sq ft ranch style, so it is not big. The question I have is will it look weird if I put in lighter colored wood floors than the doors and mouldings are stained? I don't want to put in dark floors. Where can I get ideas about this? Thanks in advance, bob walker, phx az.

2. Jan 5, 2009 #2

ciera

ciera

ciera

Sure. Actually, it could look nice. You should get a light enough color that you get some contrast with the trim, and they should be in the same tones (if the trim has a red tint, put in floors with a slight red tint).

3. Jan 5, 2009 #3

inspectorD

inspectorD

inspectorD

Housebroken Staff Member Admin Moderator

Contrasting colors are what makes a room pop. Do as suggested and it should look good. Everyones taste is different for sure, only you need to like it.:D

4. Jan 5, 2009 #4

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Daryl in Nanoose

Can't think of a single thing to add that has not been above mentioned.:):):)

5. Feb 18, 2009 #5

jdougn

jdougn

jdougn

Depending upon what type of flooring, flooring centers will have samples of most flooring. Get a handful that look "right" and put each one beside your trim Then if possible, get larger samples of the ones you like best and make a final selection. The large sample size is recommended because colors will be represented acurately on the large sample size. Keep in mind what Ciera said about colors and your floor will be beautiful!
    hth, Doug