wood treatment for framing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metricus

Reaction score
I am doing some insulation work that would expose the framing in my house and I was wondering if there is any wood treatment I should apply to the framing before I enclose the wall again. NB: Work will be done from the inside.

Was thinking of some water-based and possible sprayable product that would help prevent mold/fungi and possibly wood destroying insects.

I have looked at Wolman's CopperCoat but they say that the product should be used only outdors. I wouldn't quite qualify framing as "indoors" but I don't want to poison my family either.
I see that canadian codes do use similar products but recommend a poly sheet covering before aplying the drywall. I could do that...

Other than that, I have researched the net and I see that boron products may be appropriate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I am doing some insulation work that would expose the framing in my house and I was wondering if there is any wood treatment I should apply to the framing before I enclose the wall again. NB: Work will be done from the inside.

Was thinking of some water-based and possible sprayable product that would help prevent mold/fungi and possibly wood destroying insects.

I have looked at Wolman's CopperCoat but they say that the product should be used only outdors. I wouldn't quite qualify framing as "indoors" but I don't want to poison my family either.
I see that canadian codes do use similar products but recommend a poly sheet covering before aplying the drywall. I could do that...

Other than that, I have researched the net and I see that boron products may be appropriate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Treated lumber is being used in many regions now,I think they call it blue lumber. Adding the poly is standard in canada,it needs to be gooped down on the floor and all seems taped. This keeps the moisture from the interior from entering the wall and is your best bet for mold pertection. For insect yes,find that blue stuff. good luck
Neal

hi try a product called eco wood treatment,you can spray it in the wall and 2x4 studs to preserve the wood ,we bought ours at sherwin williams regards barry,new york

Latest posts

Back