Wooden floor tiles

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Doubt

Reaction score
I need a new floor in my living room. I've been looking for this type of floor tile, but I can't find them on sale anywhere. Anyone know where I can get some? (London, UK)

yGJo0d5.jpg

Parquet floor tile went out on the 80's. Do yourself a favor and find something more modern, that will help with resale value down the road. If you are determined to use that stuff, you may find flooring outlet stores or the dumpster behind the flooring store.

They sure like the look of it in Boston.

I put down a LOT of that oak parquet flooring back when I started, in the early 70's. It went down with a solvent/rubber based adhesive, very flammable. I'm sure that glue wouldn't be allowed today.
I had just trowled out about 12 sq. feet (3'x4') in a halfway when the customer's St.Bernard decided he was going upstairs, thru my glue. It took over 2 hours to clean the glue off the carpeting on the stairs. I let the owners clean the dog. They had "propped" a small gate in the doorway to keep him in the family room and went out .
I charged them double time for the cleanup!

I live near Chicago.
That parquet stuff was big in 60’s and 70’s, mostly in tract housing.
Very groovy and trendy, back then.
It tends to be kind of loose and bouncy.
The individual pieces can shift around like a Rubik’s cube.
Mostly ripped out starting early 80’s.

It also tended to swell and buckle after getting too wet.

I need a new floor in my living room. I've been looking for this type of floor tile, but I can't find them on sale anywhere. Anyone know where I can get some? (London, UK)
You might try Ebay UK or Amazon UK.

You might try Amazon UK or Ebay UK. In the US the look is still available but in vinyl peel and stick tiles. I purchased some in wood for a hall closet some years ago at Lowe's .

Elegant parquet floors will never go out of style but they can be expensive. I wanted someting similar to this when I built my house but it wasn't readily available and no Google back then.
645_0.jpg

Latest posts

Back