Working backwards with LVP

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbayav8er

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am laying LVP throughout the main floor of my house with no transitions. I planned out the installation in such a way that I only have one room where I will have to work backwards with the flooring. Any tips on easier ways to install the groove side to the tongue side? Thanks!

Good luck, when I did it for our new Pastor we used transition strips. I'd love the look of no transition strips but it would have required someone with better skills than this DIYer.

Yes - I've had to work backwards into a couple of closets already. Wasn't fun. I managed to get it in nicely, but it took way longer. Not looking forward to doing this entire bedroom working backwards.

I like this method of attaching a whole row and with a helper put it all in backwards at once.

The first time I used laminate I did 4 rooms about 600 sq ft and it was back in the day before it snapped together and it was just T&G and needed all seams glued. Two of the rooms I had to go backwards and that wasn’t to bad with T&G. The flooring place told me I could never do it without transition strips. After it was down the guy still didn’t believe me and asked to come out and see it. He did and offered me a job as an installer, haha. I told him my knees are shot after one floor.

T&G hardwood is nice you can buy a spline to reverse direction. Wonder why they don’t make laminate strips to do the same?

I like this method of attaching a whole row and with a helper put it all in backwards at once.

The first time I used laminate I did 4 rooms about 600 sq ft and it was back in the day before it snapped together and it was just T&G and needed all seams glued. Two of the rooms I had to go backwards and that wasn’t to bad with T&G. The flooring place told me I could never do it without transition strips. After it was down the guy still didn’t believe me and asked to come out and see it. He did and offered me a job as an installer, haha. I told him my knees are shot after one floor.

T&G hardwood is nice you can buy a spline to reverse direction. Wonder why they don’t make laminate strips to do the same?

Thanks for that video, that's a great idea!

Thanks again for this video! This made working backwards wayyyy easier, with no damage to any of my flooring!

Latest posts

Back