workshop lighting, looking for LED with removable/replacable bulbs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am probably abusing the NEC worse than a rented mule.:(

Those ads for batt. operated lights, motion detectors, etc. that you see on TV certainly fool the public.
It's the idea of milliamphours that they don't get & the workmanship for these things is probably terrible.

And those ads for reverse mortgages with Tom Selleck are really offensive. In the first ads he was talking down to us & now he looks so troubled as to why in the world more people are not buying these things.

Both of these are kind of like junk mail. And we pay for our TV service & our junk mail, so why should they stop?
I have a retired (master builder) friend who was trying to sell his $1.6M house. When it didn't sell after a reasonable time period he chose a reverse mortgage to get a comfortable income and stay in his house.
I have used led bulbs from VONT, and it is still the most practical option for me. I like these bulbs because they have a handy app where I can change the colors in the room without any problems or delays. This is precisely what I was looking for when I was thinking about replacing my old light bulbs to make my home more modern. My wife says that I have succeeded. So I can give you a little recommendation in the person of https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/
I might try a couple of those color changing bulbs. It would be fun to unexpectedly change colors on an unsuspecting guest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back