Worx wg304.1 electric chainsaw stopped running -- burnt motor?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
Bought a Worx wg304.1 18" electric chainsaw about 6 months ago, hasn't used it that much. Was cutting a lot of wood today: cutting up several large half-rotted logs. At some point it stopped running. I let it sit for a few minutes, it started up again. Then a few minutes later it stopped and would not restart at all. Burnt motor? I didn't see it smoke before it stopped but also my chain was probably duller than it should have been.

The one I had before was a Makita -- had it for ~10 years, no complaints. I wonder if quality is still the same -- would buy it if I need a new saw.

I don't think a burnt motor would stop, then be able to restart later... Did you check to ensure there was oil in it and that the chain is properly tensioned and no debris is blocking it from moving?

The motors often have thermal fuses on them. This can cause them to start and stop sometimes if the fuse is resetting type. If it had brushes then check for sand or debris in then. Check cord for shorts,

Latest posts

Back