Too much material to be removed from solid slab door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe me, I understand your frustration in "home centers" simply rotating in a sales person, which they determine to be, customer service.

It's why if it is anything other than a "book door," I'll go to a lumber yard.

However, had you posted your plan for using these 6 panel SC doors, before you purchased them, or made a cut, there are many here who would have shared with you, the make-up of these doors and the method of achieving the end results you are seeking.

basically covered 16 posts ago.

Imagine that, a 1 page solution, instead of 3 and counting.

I believe that all posts added to the discussion. I certainly failed to the foresee the difficullties related to the removal of too much material from these slab doors, especially the layout part of it (as mentioned by beachguy). But the first door works really well and apart from a knob at an odd position it is great fit. The second would be door is another story... I will not even try to install it.

Anyhow, I will look for a lumberyard near me soon where I can find a door that is solid and made out of some type of engineered wood (like plywood) and is flat.

thks

Last edited:
I see no problem with a discussion going off in several directions so the OP) can have lots of ideas to work with so he can weigh all the options.

Latest posts

Back