Furnace Fan..

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorPlan

Reaction score
:help: Furnace Fan Define "On" vs "Circulating" ?? We have a Lennox Propane Fired Furnace with a WiFi Thermostat Control.. The Furnace Fan has 3 Settings (On,Auto,Circulating).. I had set the Fan in the "On" position to keep the Fan running Constent.. Was told we should have the Fan set on "Circulating". Thoughts Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks

Circulating, I think you can set it to run for a certain amount of time daily. ON, costs upward of $30 a month

:help: Furnace Fan Define "On" vs "Circulating" ?? We have a Lennox Propane Fired Furnace with a WiFi Thermostat Control.. The Furnace Fan has 3 Settings (On,Auto,Circulating).. I had set the Fan in the "On" position to keep the Fan running Constent.. Was told we should have the Fan set on "Circulating". Thoughts Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks

In these modern heating appliances you find fan speed settings labeled differently, but with the same results.

You will probably notice that "on" and "circulating" are different fan speeds, and one will be equal to "auto".

The recommended air changes per hour is 5.

When the thermostat calls for "heat", the combustion begins heating the fire box and shortly there after the fan will come on and remain on as long as heat is called for and the fire box is cooled below a set temperature.

There is also a high limit switch which will shut off the fuel at the control should the fan not operate.

Back