Hello all!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly625

Reaction score
My husband and I bought a modular home in a park in FL back in June. It was an inexpensive stepping stone. We plan to fix it up and sell it for more than we paid, and use that money as a down payment for a bigger, regular house. We bought this fixer upper for only $5k!

We didn't live in the area when we first bought it, and relied on my parents who did live in the area, to set everything up. We sent my parents $ for flooring and such, and they picked out some things that we don't love, and had a lazy contractor install it. So now we find ourselves wanting to redo a bunch, especially the flooring, the contractor did a bad job, the click lock vinyl plank flooring is already popping at some seams. :(

Then there are something that the previous owner did that we are redoing. Things like paneling over the whole kitchen, even over the ends of the cabinets! It was so uneven, paneling stuck out from the walls in certain areas, etc. so now we're slowly ripping off the paneling to expose som VERY retro mobile home wallpaper, but it'll be easy to paint over it.

And then also things like ripping out old, ugly boxed in fluorescent lights, etc.

We have never owned, we literally never have done DIY stuff, we've always rented so we are learning as we go, (we removed and reinstalled a toilet last weekend, that was a first!)
Since moving in, my husband also has learned how to install a ceiling fan, and light fixtures, and I replaced plumbing/hooked up a sink in our bathroom (thank you google and youtube). We're proud of the little things! lol!

Looking forward to learning all I can here!

Last edited:
Sounds like you are well on your way. :welcome: to the site.

Latest posts

Back