Bathroom Painting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irfan

Irfan
Reaction score
As i am remodeling and improving my house now a days therefore i searched for any good tips from web and specially from this forum. While searching i found following tips for Bathroom Painting and i am sharing it for people like me.

Before applying new paint, you should carefully check the walls of your bathroom. Get rid of damp areas. Call a professional to remove the molds as well.• Decide on what kind of paint you would like to purchase. Research well before you choose one. Since you are purchasing paint for the part of the house that would often be exposed to damp, go for mold and mildew resistant paint.
• The color of your paint is also a determinant factor for the over all look of the bathroom. Choose the one that is best suited for the bathroom. Usually soft cool colors are preferred. But if you are living in a cold country cool colors like blue might make the bathroom appear more cold than otherwise. So be smart while choosing your bathroom color as it would influence your mood while in shower. Let me serve you with some tips for choosing bathroom colors.
1. If you have considerably a large bathroom, you are open to go for any shade of color, light or dark.
2. In case your bathroom size is small, a lighter shade would do the best. Small bathrooms with lighter shades of color would look larger than otherwise in dark colors.
A very useful but not that essential tip for bathroom painting is to remove your toilet before you paint. As mentioned it is not mandatory, certainly your toilet would appear to be more warm than otherwise.

Back