Need Help with a 1" Fittings Puzzle

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harborremodel

Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure a clean way to route 1" conduit around a small ledge and into a junction box. It seems like I can't find the right fitting to solve this puzzle without having a bulky corner of fittings. Would it be possible to use 1" flex and stay within code? The run about 3 feet max. Basically if i had two tight 90' fittings so i could "S" around that little 4" ledge and into my box that'd be perfect but they don't seem to exist!

2017-10-23 13.17.53.jpg

2017-10-23 18.22.14.jpg

2017-10-13 17.36.54.jpg

Do a search on “pvc electrical conduit fittings offset”. There are an assortment of types out there. Two close 90’s would work but they don’t make them like that because it would be very hard to pull around that tight of a bend. They do make 90’s that are like a LB fitting that have a side plate you remove to get the wires thru the bend one at a time.

They make flex elbows also. That is more like what you were asking about.

You could also get two 45’s and cut them to make the offset you need placing them end to end or use two of the 90's like you show in your second pic and cut off some of the turn of each elbow and connect them into an "S".

Last edited:
Heat and shape an S bend into PVC.

OR, you could mount the sub panel and plywood to a 2X4 frame and use a pull elbow for the sub panel feed from the main.

JoeD is on the right track for what i'm going to do. I hate having a million fittings to make it all fit so i'm heating and bending the conduit to smoothly flow around the corners and bends.

Back