DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > Porch separation

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:26 PM  
simonsx5

Yes I was able to confirm the rot... it was definitely rotten. However when I asked why my porch was separating his response was it was inevitable and it wasn't in his scope of work to fix it. There were no steps taken to prevent this. I don't have the time nor the money to sue, so I am making lemonade out of my lemons.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:49 PM  
Snoonyb
Liked 423 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks again. That style of support is typical in a flood plain and at this point I would recommend you not try this repair yourself.

As aggravating as it is, if there is a possibility of working with the contractors involved, it's an avenue to explore.

If addressing the rot, is not presently, within the contractors scope of work, and instead of hiding it, what would be the cost of addressing the comprehensive repair?

Has your relationship with the foundation contractor become adversarial, or deteriorated to a point they would be reluctant to address some corrective action?