Barber shop

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best Andy of Mayberry shows was the one where a young Barbra Eden shows up in town looking like a million bucks and talks Floyd the barber into letting her do manicures in his barber shop and they would split the money. At first the good ol boys wanted nothing to do with holding hands with a pretty girl but after Andy tried her out they all wanted some. Next thing you know the wives were across the street watching and Mayberry was never the same. Right about that same time it actually happened across the country the same way. Who ever heard of a woman cutting a man’s hair.

As a kid I went to Harold’s barber shop it was about 5 houses down the street and a haircut was a quarter and Harold gave me a dime back for sweeping the floor. I went every week on Saturday morning by myself. One day Harold said to tell my dad haircuts are going up to 50 cents. I told my dad and he said no problem to tell Harold I will now be coming every other Saturday. Harold made the same amount, my dad paid the same amount and that cheap SOB Harold still only gave me a dime to sweep up. That was my economics 101 and I was only about 8 years old.

Andy_Griffith_Barbara_Eden_Andy_Griffith_Show.JPG

I would pay money to have women fight over me?
I went to a huge high school that was mostly black kids. I'm not black but I have really curly hair, and when I was a senior I grew it out into a huge afro. Five or six cute black girls at a time came together every week to braid it into cornrows or whatever. They weren't fighting, but they were a little competitive over who got to take part.

I probably walked around looking ridiculous most of the time I was 18, but I had a good time doing it!

My neck of the woods they serve alcohol at the salon.
Never been there a $15 cut is fine with me. Not trying to make a day out of it.

Back