Single vs two shower faucets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house92

Reaction score
Is there any performance advantage between the single knob shower faucet or having the two knobs with hot and cold, or is it just a personal preference and style thing.

Is one better over the other if the water pressure isn't so great?

Single lever faucets can control temp when the toilet is flushed. If you buy the right one.

I confuse easily so a single is best. With 2 knobs do you add more hot water or reduce the cold to get it hotter? Reduce the hot or add more cold to get it cooler? Having one mixing knob makes it easy...just turn it left or right till the temp is good.
I have a stacked type valve, inner for flow and outer for temp. Nice thing is that I don't need to adjust the temp much. It stays mixed where it is even when I turn the water off or on.

I still prefer the look of the three handle controls. But I have to admit I like the convenience of the single handle setup.

Has anybody invented a temp control valve that fits in a three hole configuration? Even if one of the knobs is a dummy, it would look cool.

Back