armstrong air ultra v tech 80

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog07

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an armstrong air ultra v tech 80 that isn't functioning well.

Here is what is happening: thermostat calls for heat, fan kicks on, inducer kicks on, burners come on, heartbeat flashes, and everything runs great for about five minutes. Then the burners shut off, I get four flashes on the smart valve. Eventually after about three minutes burners come back on. Three minutes later they shut off. Both fans are running the whole time. At some point (I haven't counted the cycles) the burners don't come back on and the fan just cycles cold air through the house.

What I have done: I started by cleaning the flame sensor. I figured this wasn't the problem, but I haven't done it this year so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Then cleaned the inducer fan, tubing coming from the fan to the pressure switch, and both barbs. Other than a little dust, nothing noticeably wrong with any of those. I all also cleaned most of the exhaust, and I could see daylight to the roof.

I am thinking I might need to replace the pressure switch, but finding one around here or a place open past one on Saturday or open at all on Sunday is impossible, so I might have to wait a day or two if that is the issue.

If anyone has anything else I could try our if I am headed down the wrong path, I would appreciate any and all input. Thank you in advance.

Back