American Plumbing different than Canadian??

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiemcd

Reaction score
This may be the most ridiculous question. I purchased a faucet on Ebay, Delta Talbott - exclusive to Lowes. Will this work with my existing Canadian plumbing? Someone told me the standard parts were different in US faucets...

There may be some differences; however, you'll be able to purchase adapters if that is the case.

Only difference I can think of would be the piping diameter. Could be metric sizing. Adapters are available.

Katie:

I live in Canada too, and we use exactly the same plumbing stuff as they do in the USA, so you should be fine.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is that if Delta makes the Talbott faucet exclusively for Lowes, do Lowes stores in Canada sell that same faucet? If not, then you may have trouble getting specific exterior parts that only the Talbott faucet uses. Just Google Delta and find the Canadian web site and go to their "Contact Us" page to confirm you can get parts for the Talbott faucet here.

Last edited:
Back