Cost of Raised Concrete Patio in Northern NJ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike6679

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a raised patio about 2-3 ft above grade. Its about 400 sq feet with a set of stairs going down to the yard, stone around the outside of the cement patio and a black railing w/ gate for stairs. Going with cement instead of wood because sometimes water seeps in the area where the deck is going to go plus lower maintenance. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site.

The quick answer is to much and what ever you do, you do have to solve your water problem. You can put concrete on top of a wood structure.

Thanks, yes I actually have seen the concrete on top of wood and it does look nice. According to this site: http://www.uniqueconcretenj.com --- they claim it helps significantly with drainage, since the water will run off to sides and not below a typical wood deck. I wonder how much that would cost though?

From Unique Concrete: they charge $14.00 - $15.00 per sq feet x 400 = 6,000.00 PLUS the cost of building the deck ---- so probably 10,000. I wonder if getting a mason to actually build a cement patio would be cheaper?

Last edited:
You still have to get good footing below frost, and the wood is protected with a membrane that runs up the wall of the house 10" behind the siding.

Back