Please help me ID this broken balcony door lock

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
We have a condo built in 1982. The balcony door seems to have the original lock that broke down. I am attaching photos of the lock. What's definitely broken is the left hand side (I actually gutted it when it broke). Not sure about the right side.

Each of the locks (the front side below the door handle) is 6 7/8" high X 15/16" wide.

What type/make/model lock is this? Do they sell parts for those, so that I can fix it without replacing the whole door? Or would there be a newer model/type that might fit into the opening?

Thanks!

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

We have a condo built in 1982. The balcony door seems to have the original lock that broke down. I am attaching photos of the lock. What's definitely broken is the left hand side (I actually gutted it when it broke). Not sure about the right side.
Thanks!

Hope that link helped, they did say you could send them a photo of what you have.

Is there any identification of the maker of the door anyplace on the door? I replaced several at my old house and I went back to Larsen who made the doors.

You said you live in a condo is there a central person there that does other maintenance? Asks around someone will know the maker.

Did you try googling the picture? It sounds crazy but my son had a skylight that had a broken opetator mechanism. I took a picture and pasted into the google picture search bar and found the manufacturer!

Back