Damp crawl space solutions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

findingmyshoes

Reaction score
My crawl space is wet. My insulation is sagging and there is stuff growing down there. yuck! One professional recommended that I repair my crawl space drainage issues by piping my gutters through trenches into the storm drain, and another suggested using perforated pipe around crawlspace and then drain through a sump pump into a drywell. What do you think?

My crawl space is wet. My insulation is sagging and there is stuff growing down there. yuck! One professional recommended that I repair my crawl space drainage issues by piping my gutters through trenches into the storm drain, and another suggested using perforated pipe around crawlspace and then drain through a sump pump into a drywell. What do you think?

Without anymore information than that my answer would be both.

But it would be both, on the outside perforated pipe around the outside some distance lower that the dirt level inside another solid pipe hooked to the downspouts. hopefully away from the house the could be joined and run to the storm.

Then you would have the same system as any new house would have.

Latest posts

Back