An old new roof?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remout

Reaction score
I'm working on a 120 y/o cabin that has what I call a "tin roof". It's about time to replace it and I'm adding onto the cabin. The cabin is near an active movie industry and has been selected to be in an upcoming TV show. In chatting with movie folks, I'm thinking this property will be popular with them and i don't want to mess it up. I'm realizing I can't put on a shiny new galvalume roof. Any ideas on how to replace the roof but not loose the charm? Thanks!

Front yard

Cabin roof

Is it in bad shape?

If people are paying you for what it is you can either repair it to good shape or get a new roof but before install you will have to get the finish to look aged.

I can see where someone's been chasing a leak by siliconing the nails. The other issue is the addition we're adding will require more roof.

I really don't know what a "tin roof" is. It seems everything is now the galvalume finish which is way too shiny for this project.

There are new roof panels that are antiqued to look old. If that's the look you're going for.

If you have any questions about what the producers are wanting, contact them before you make any changes.

That was a good link. There are a ton of metal roof options out there. From type of metal , color , type of panels ect. And all can vary from different suppliers/manufacturers.

Wow, thank you so much. That's the solution I needed :)

Back