Attaching a Fence to a Brick Wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supershine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I need to join a 6' pressure treated fence perpendicularly to the side of my house which is brick. I've seen many people attach a 2x4 to the brick and then finish the fence to that, but I was thinking of attaching a 4x4 to the brick instead.

My reasoning is that the rest of the posts are 4x4s so why not use the same to keep the look consistent. Does anyone have an opinion on this and how would you attach the 4x4 to the brick securely?

Thanks!

This is about the easiest and we have hidden the bracket by placing it first and cutting a slot in the post so the post fits over it, locating the screws thru the post and bracket can be tricky but not impossible.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14PhaLA1hvw[/ame]

Thanks Neal. That's awesome!

How many of those brackets do you recommend for a 6' 4x4 post against a brick wall with the bottom end resting on a concrete patio?

We always were able to plant the bottom in concrete. I would think 2 or three would do, if this is a gate post you could always go for a peice of angle iron with lots of screws. Galvinzed.

Be careful when using an impact driver. There is no adjustment for torque and some drills can twist the heads off.

Latest posts

Back