What to do about this one here...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebaa

Reaction score
(I have attached a photo of our new home)

We are going to be redoing the entire outside of this house we just bought. We are just so friggin stuck on what would look good on this house as far as siding goes. Because of its style we dont know how vinyl would look...so we are considering some stone around the door/bottom window section and the chimney area....but then what for the rest of the house? What kind/color of siding? Im just afraid if we go with what we think will looks spectacular on the house...will actually look horrid!!:hide:
I cant find any pictures on the internet for ideas...dont come across houses like this one here.
Any pics/suggestions are appreciated.
thank you.

View attachment house1.bmp

I would stay away from vinyle on this house. You have a natural setting there and if it were me I would cedar side the whole house. If I was going to do stone I would stone the whole front and chimeney, I think just doing the half will break the front up and it would look unbalanced. You could stone about 3-3-1./2 feet up from the ground as a accent and this would also take care of the cement on the front.
It would be nice to see some pics of the other sides of the home.

What's wrong with the current siding? Could it just be restored, repaired and re-stained a nice color?

Back