How do I fix this drywall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the towel rack screw into studs or is it an anchor? I don't think you'll have any success trying to mount it into the repair. You will probably need to shift the towel rack to hit drywall that hasn't be compromised by anchors and just patch the holes. Use spring-loaded butterfly type anchors. Like this:
picture_butterfly_anchor.JPG

Another option would be to install a backer board slightly wider than the towel rack and then mount the towel rack to the backer board. A simple piece of 1x4 or a piece of chair rail backer board could work. You can fasten the backer board to the studs to give you a more secure mounting surface.

Does the towel rack screw into studs or is it an anchor? I don't think you'll have any success trying to mount it into the repair. You will probably need to shift the towel rack to hit drywall that hasn't be compromised by anchors and just patch the holes. Use spring-loaded butterfly type anchors. Like this:
picture_butterfly_anchor.JPG

Another option would be to install a backer board slightly wider than the towel rack and then mount the towel rack to the backer board. A simple piece of 1x4 or a piece of chair rail backer board could work. You can fasten the backer board to the studs to give you a more secure mounting surface.
:agree: You'll just need a larger mounting space.

cut the drywall out, a 4''x4'' hole
replace the sheet rock with another piece
of sheet rock that is 8'' x 8''
cut the gypsum off of the sheet rock leaving just the paper on one side
so that it resembles a band aid
aa.gif
place your patch into the hole in the wall, use the outter edges to apply the mud

finish the wall smooth, sand. smooth
then paint the whole wall, not just the one spot

Do this few things,
1 Clean hole with blade knife. Cut at an angle so the exterior of the hole is bigger than the interior.
2 Fill the hole with painter's putty.
3 Let it dry.
4 Spackle over the putty.
5 For medium holes, use a drywall metal patch.
6 Sand the surface smooth around the hole.
7 Wipe off dust.
8 Peel paper backing off the patch.

Latest posts

Back