DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Used wrong caulk in bathroom...?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 PM  
zepper
Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoonyb View Post
Each will have their own level of quality that they can comfortably stand behind.
Hey, thanks! The next time my wife says, "Why is this taking you so long??", I'll adopt a proud posture and say that. (Then, once she finishes laughing...)

Quote:
Another moment of historical trivia; I was associated with a few of those "pairs", from the Lakewood Club, which was one of Sonny & Cher's stops in the late 60's, on their way to fame. It works, but the tooling will add to the build up.
Sorry, you've lost me, but it sounds like a great story, so I hope you'll elaborate.

Quote:
Locktite is the CO. Polyseamseal, in the 60's, 70's & 80's, was a stand-alone product and a color matching squeeze tube was included with every KOHLER sink, back in the days when self-rimming sinks were in vogue.
They used to include tubes of BBQ sauce in the middle of cans (that's right, cans) of hot dogs, but I don't expect anyone here to remember back that far.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM  
zepper
Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Okay, this confirms it—I just downloaded the manufacturer's more detailed product brochure, which says:

Quote:
Excellent adhesion to ceramic, porcelain, glass, fiberglass composites, enamel, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, many plastics and wallboard. It also works great as an over-coat if you've been dumb-*** enough to use non-water-resistant caulk in a damp location.
(It doesn't actually say "dumb-***"; the forum did that. Real handypeople don't shy away from the occasional mild oath, which is considered character-building—unless you're, say, Amish.)

nealtw Likes This 
Old 02-13-2018, 06:29 PM  
Snoonyb
Liked 475 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper View Post
Sorry, you've lost me, but it sounds like a great story, so I hope you'll elaborate
The Los Angeles Basin, in the 60's thru 80's, was rife with topless establishments and some of them had stages conducive to a variety of entertainment.

Before their eventual popularity, Sonny and Cher, needed a source of income, and
there was an abundance, as an average, the usual "dancers" would take home $250 to $400 for an 8hr. shift, and they played a variety of venues, along with a number of fledgling bands of the era.