Ceiling fan and 4 recessed lights

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biddlecom

Reaction score
Hello, I have a ceiling fan hooked up that makes the recessed lights flicker/dim for a second when changing the speed of the fan. I have a 15 amp AFCI breaker hooked up to a 3way smart light dimmer then hooked to the companion 3way light dimmer which then goes to 4 recessed lights. The fan is hook on the same breaker but goes from breaker to fan switch to fan. The fan has no lights. I have a diagram of my wiring i did and links to all the equipment I have.

Lutron Skylark Contour 1.5-Amp Single-Pole/3-Way Quiet 3-Speed Fan Control - White-CTFSQ-FH-WH - The Home Depot

Lutron Maestro 600-Watt Multi-Location Digital Dimmer - White-MA-600MR-WH - The Home Depot

Lutron Maestro 600-Watt Multi-Location Companion Dimmer - White-MA-RR-WH - The Home Depot

Cree 6 in. TW Series 65W Equivalent Daylight (5000K) Dimmable LED Retrofit Recessed Downlight-DRDL6-06250009-12DE26-1C100 - The Home Depot

Hunter Mariner 52 in. Indoor/Outdoor White Ceiling Fan-59127 - The Home Depot

Untitled.jpg

It says right on the product information that the dimmers are not compatible for use with LED lights.

For use with incandescent and halogen bulbs only

It says right on the product information that the dimmers are not compatible for use with LED lights.

For use with incandescent and halogen bulbs only

I posted the wrong link I have the one for CFL/LED bulbs.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-M...D-Dimmer-Kit-White-MACL-153M-RHW-WH/203486520

The issue is not the switch its the fan. When I have the lights on and then I turn the fan on its fine. But when I turn the speed of the fan up the lights will flicker/dim for a second then go back to normal.

I figured it out. Im just going to put the fan on its own circuit and then put the 9 lights on there own circuit.

Latest posts

Back